Saturday, October 29, 2011

Test Results

So my test results have come back.  The general health panel is normal outside of my glucose, my A1C is inconclusive as my A1C is 5.6 (considered normal) but by fasting blood glucose is 114.  The worst is my lipid panel.  My triglycerides are through the roof  (352) and my total cholesterol is horrible (268).  I feel like I am a heart attack waiting to happen.  I need to be approved by my insurance for a Lap band.   Wish me luck!




Cheers!
Robin Wine Girl

7 comments:

  1. You will be so glad you have a starting point for your blood work since once you get approved and get banded those numbers will change. So much will change for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin! Just started following your blog! It is great to have a starting point and it will be so cool to see those numbers start to go down!

    http://www.andreasweightlossjourney.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely they will approve you! Just cause you BMI is below 40, doesn't mean you wouldn't have other issues to merit the Lapband. I am sure they will look at the whole picture. Its all good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so sad yet so good for me to see all these in the beginning! I knew that my health was failing but yet I didn't know how much! I needed to see the panel to really get a check on what I need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! Let us know as soon as you find out!!!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK!!! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robin. I am your newest follower. I just love your blog title. I love wine too and I see you are in northern CA. I am a travel nurse and am in the San Fran Napa area for work til Dec and am really liking the area. Any suggestions of places to visit ( that is if you know the area). Good luck and et us know what you hear.

    ReplyDelete