Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I have a Consult Appointment!!!

Yippee!  After submitting my paperwork to my soon-tobe surgeon last week, I got the call for an appointment!!!  


A few things first of what it took just to get to this step of getting an appointment with the doctor 


1. Attend an orientation seminar - Done on 10/4, 
2. Complete and submit a huge questionaire and survey - Done on 10/7
3. Verify that my health insurance covers the surgery (not that I am approved though) - Done 10/5
4. After the Dr reviews the submitted paperwork they call to schedule an appointment- Today 10/11


So my appointment is on October 26th!   I am so excited!  A bit nervous of whats to come as I know this is just the first step towards my new life and there will be sooo many more to go.


I also have an appointment with my new primary care doctor this Thursday.  I have a PPO so I really don't need her sign off, but it will sure help if I do.


5. I also have to order my medical records from Kaiser Permanente my old provider.  I loved being a member (I know I am rare) but now that I have new health insurance (Anthem Blue Cross PPO) getting my records is almost impossible.  They only take messages in the records office and only call back after 4 pm.  So lame!!  But I need my records to show how I have struggled with my weight and health over the years.  To be honest I am really interested to read what's in them.


Wish me luck!!!!


Cheers!
Robin Wine Girl

6 comments:

  1. I have Kaiser now, and I like it! I thought I was the only one

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK! I am very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! Before you know it it will be surgery time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these hoops that you have to jump through are totally worth it. Just be persistent with Kaiser. They can be a total pain. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Called Kaiser again today and I got the dreaded voicemail again! ARGH!

    ReplyDelete