Monday, February 27, 2012

Am I being led down a winding road to drink at a dry river bed?

I am beginning to think that my surgeon's office is leading me on with this whole approval process.  It has been 6 weeks since the original pre approval request was submitted and 3 1/2 weeks for the second request since the whole insurance debacle.  Has anyone else had it take this long for approval?  I don't understand why there has been such a delay.  I have a really strange feeling that the office has never even submitted my case for approval.  Not sure why they wouldn't unless they just want me to be a cash patient.  I might as well be since I have a large deductible and a 20% copayment on top of that, plus the office has a $3000 member fee for Anthem/ Blue Cross patients (aka as "we negotiated a too low with Anthem so we have to make up the cost with this fee".)  I think I might look for another surgeon and see if I can make it work that way.  I just feel like something is fishy here and somethings not right.  Hmmmm.


Cheers!
Robin Wine Girl

4 comments:

  1. Yikes - NONE of that sounds right!!! Go with your gut and run like hell. You should NOT have that fee!!! I would absolutely shop for another surgeon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be so frustrating - I am so sorry you're having the run around from these people. Maybe just ask them outright? And then start doing other research immediately on other surgeons. Sorry this is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you do need to check out other surgeons. I found you on the BOOBS blog... I look forward to following your journey. *Maria*~DiZneDiVa: Blogger from "This One Time at Band Camp... 1 Vs. 300 Check out my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of that sounds legit at all. Find a new surgeon immediately! And definitely get with one that's associated with a Center of Excellence, makes the approval a little less rocky.

    ReplyDelete