Here it goes-
You all know that I have been patiently moving through the process of getting insurance approval for the past four months. I have attended seminars, completed a 5 page survey, met with a nutrionist and a psychologists and met with my surgeon before they submitted for preapproval. In the meantime I have been laid off from work and have enlisted in COBRA for my health insurance. I paid my premium on time to insure that I would not have a lapse in coverage and I let my surgeons office know that they needed to make sure that I was approved before Feb 1 just incase. Well guess what... the worst has happened. After getting the run around from my surgeons office I called my insurance today just to check if they even had an application for my case. They don't. They also told me that my policy was inactive as of Feb 1. ARGHHHH!!! My next step was to call the COBRA people and ask what happened as they cashed my check over two weeks ago. They said this happens sometimes and they will rectify it. Then I called my surgeons office. They told me they received an incomplete fax from Anthem about my case and she still needed to call them back. What did that mean???? Did the surgeons office not submit the application 3 weeks ago like they said or did Anthem just wait until Feb 1 to review it? I swear this is a huge mess!!!! I am really really upset about this as you can tell.

On to the other issue- Today I received a note on my door from my neighbor complaining about my dogs barking. I feel so terrible. I know they bark and I even have a bark collar on one of them. I am not sure of what to do. I just want to hide out until all this lap band and barking dog business blows over.
As I said, I won't write anymore complaining or whoas me posts. Please stay tuned for more positive and upbeat posts in the future. If I don't post anymore its because I have given up on the journey. I'll still follow you all I just won't bring you down with discouraging posts.
Cheers!
Robin Wine Girl
Girl - I am so sorry that someone has obviously been super rude to you about your post content - but I am here to tell you - SCREW THEM!! If they don't like it - then they can take the whole 2 seconds it requires to UN-FOLLOW you! Our blogs are about our REAL LIVES, not some rainbow and pony filled Walk Disney movie - and this might be a surprise to that person or persons that were rude to you - but life if full of peaks and valleys - and guess WHAT, the majority that makes up all the other occurrences is the happenings BETWEEN the peaks and valleys, which just AREN'T that fabulous truth be told. Your TRUE Boobs sisters are here to support you - Great days, shitty days, in the middle days - and maybe even shitty MONTHS. We are here for you girl!! Don't ever forget that. If you ever need to talk, I am here for ya - blondeej82@gmail.com Hugs and prayers for your insurance fiasco.... xoxo
ReplyDelete*WALT, even :)
ReplyDeleteHoney - ANYONE would be upset. You don't have to post positive posts if that is not what you are feeling. This is YOUR space. Say what you want and I'll read it every time. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you are dealing with all this! I hope it gets sorted out really soon!
ReplyDeleteThat does sound very frustrating and Robin, this is your blog, post what you are feeling. If anyone doesn't like, they have to read it.
ReplyDeleteI am so so sorry to hear you are going thru all this drama. It sounds like the surgeons office didn't send it over in time and I would ask for verification. I would be pissed and mad! You have worked hard for this!!!
ReplyDeleteAs far as the dogs and neighbors, I went thru that a few years back and it was hell. I lived in a 4 unit 1920's condo. The lady downstairs played the piano all day and my dog would bark at it. She taught piano lessons and apparently my poodle hated her concertos. She was mean and nasty. I feel ya!! I hated getting notes on my door but I wanted to tell her to get a life.
Chin up and DON'T stop blogging!!!
Don't let anyone dictate what you write. I'm sure not everyone enjoys my posts, but honey badger don't care!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your surgeon's office and your insurance keeps dropping the ball on this. It's BS. :(