Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Still waiting.... and whats your goal weight?

So I am still waiting for my insurance approval.  At the end of last week I called my surgeon's office to check on the status of the application and I was told they hadn't submitted it yet!  What?  My appointment was a week prior.  I called yesterday to double check and I was told that yes it had been submitted and they were waiting for the approval.  My insurance coverage changes over to COBRA on Feb 1 and I really hope the approval comes in before.  I just don't want to worry about any paperwork issues between my COBRA administrator and Anthem.  


So enough worrying about insurance coverage, etc... Lets talk about goal weight and fitting into my dream jeans.


I have been asked a few times by my surgeon and other healthcare providers what I think my ideal weight is.  To be honest, I really don't know.  On the BMI chart a healthy weight for height is 108 - 146lbs.  That is quite a large spread.  I think for me it will really depend on my lean muscle mass. So, I have more of a clothes size goal. My goal is to fit into fit into a size 29 (size 8) 7 For All Mankind Jeans. Whatever weight that is will be my goal weight.  I have always wanted to be able to wear cute jeans.  I can't wait!  I am going to work hard to fit in those jeans!

Cheers!
Robin Wine Girl


6 comments:

  1. I so want to be cute in cute jeans too! I am only 5'2 so jeans have always been an issue. As far as the insurance issue - BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE and push, push, push!!! My surgeon sent mine within a day and I was approved within 2 hours. I would be an uber pain in the arse to them!!! Good luck - I am so rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your insurance company works for YOU!!! Do not forget that, you need to remind them of it and make them get off their keyster and approve you! I tell people this all of the time, since I work in Healthcare and deal with Insurance everyday. People get afraid to rock the boat with their insurance company, but come on you pay those hefty premiums for a reason.

    Good Luck I hope it comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked 150 lbs for my goal weight... I dont seem to care what size that will make me as long as I am healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a size 6 would be great... maybe it's wishful thinking, but hey. Gotta have stretch goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I asked my surgeon for a good idea weight. He said 150, I said, sounds good. I think I will know better as I get closer; you can always adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my fave things to 'pin' on pinterest is cute otufits with cute jeans! I actually think that's a good idea to figure out what weight gives you the jean fitting body you want.

    ReplyDelete