Monday, July 2, 2012

Food Porn and Week One Photo Food Diary

Have any of you noticed how much "food porn" is on the internet?  Its everywhere, on Facebook, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Twitter.  It seems that people are obsessed with taking pictures of their food.  Since I am addicted to "food porn" myself, I thought I'd search for pictures of Lap Band meals.  I wanted to get an idea of what a real band meal looked like. Well, I wasn't very successful in my search.   On Google Images for "Lap Band Meals" I found this:


Why are there so many pictures of stomachs?  That has nothing to do with a meal!  










Then I googled "Meals" and this is what I got.

Looks a lot different than the one above.











With that in mind I thought I would combine my need to be accountable and to provide images of real lap band meals.  I am going to attempt to snap a picture of everything I eat over the next year and post it here.  I didn't get this bright idea until a couple days into my first week, so I am missing a couple meals. The pictures might not be high quality or considered "food porn" but I hope to get better as time goes on.

Week 1 - Liquids
Insight: During the first part of the week i was really happy with my protein drinks.  They filled me up and gave me the nutrition I needed.  During the first three days it would take me 1.5 - 2 hours to finish one 6 ounce drink. During this week I have also been sometimes drinking through a straw.  I take little sips with it and then swallow.  I added the straw after I spent more time choking and cleaning up the dribble off my chin than drinking.  

I have three protein drinks that I drink.
Breakfast: Iced Protein Latte - 6 oz NF Milk, 1 packet Equal, 1 scoop unflavored protein, 2 oz Espresso
Lunch: Strawberry Protein Lemonade- 6 oz SF Lemonade/ Vit H2O Zero Rise, 1 scoop Unjury Strawberry Sorbet
Dinner: Chocolate Splendor Protein Milk: 6 oz NF Milk, 1 scoop Chocolate Splendor Unjury protein (Last night I added 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter and blended it up (I've been getting very hungry!))

Well here it is: Week 1 Photo Food Diary
Cheers!
Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment