I have a pre op appointment this Thursday where I'll get my instructions for the surgery. So far, I know that I DO NOT have to do a pre op liquid diet. Which is great, but I think I might do one myself for 5 days before so I won't be completely shocking my system with the surgery. How many of you did or didn't have to do a pre op diet? If so what type?
June 25th!!!!
Cheers!
Robin
Excited for you!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW, that's soon :)
So happy for you! It'll come round so quickly! I didn't have to do a liquid diet, just a very low carb/low calorie diet that my surgeon designed for 2 weeks prior to surgery. x
ReplyDeletethe only thing my doc required was all clears the day before the surgery, but what I did was about a week before I just ate healthy, veggies, fruits and lean meats...I told myself I was giving my body the nourishment it needed to repair itself. then three days before I drank protein shakes for two days and drank a BUNCH of water. Then on the 'clears' day I drank a ton of water because I wanted to be really hydrated....
ReplyDeletecongrats on the date! will think good thoughts for you!
Yay... congrats! I am so excited for you. I am still in the waiting, and it does feel like such a long time once you have decided to do it. Good luck! Can't wait to hear the successes, as well as the challenges!
ReplyDelete