Monday, June 18, 2012

Only 6 More Sleeps!

Wow! I can't believe that I am finally having the surgery. After 8 months of doctor's appointments, tests, a sleep study, a denial, waiting forever, and finally the great approval I am scheduled for surgery on June 25th! This week I am busy preparing for the big day.  


I'm making my list and checking it twice. So far my list looks like this:


To Do:
Fill prescription for liquid vicodine
Do laundry (even the basketful that I always ignore)
Clean the house
Clean out the fridge and pantry of non band friendly foods


Shopping List
Digital food scale
Liquid Tylenol
Heating Pad (or borrow Mom's)
SF Jello Cups
SF Popsicles
SF Pudding
No added sugar apple sauce
Clear broth based soups
Greek Yogurt
Crystal Light Mix
Small Dixie Cups to track fluid intake - Thanks Rockband Barbie!


Order more BiPro protein powder, I have a tub of Unjury plain protein and about 8 single serve packets on hand.


Am I missing anything??


Cheers!
Robin 





11 comments:

  1. Take chapstick to the hospital with you...put it on right before you into surgery. I was sooo glad someone had given me that advice. I also had Dixie cups on hand...my surgeon wanted me to drink 2 oz every 30 minutes and that was a good way to measure it. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome ideas! I've wondering how I can track my fluid besides my big ol' water bottle.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations I am so happy for you! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! your list sounds great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super stretchy/loose PJ pants to wear home from surgery. Do you stay overnight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My surgery is outpatient, so I'll be coming home the same day.

      Delete
  5. good luck! So glad for you that the day has finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best Wishes :) My lap band surgery is June 27th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Surgery Day!! hope all goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete